NADA India, a Movendi International member organization, has launched ‘VLead Academy’. It’s an online education platform and certificate course. This platform aims to teach young people and adults about making healthier choices to improve their well-being, enhance employability, and offer an application-oriented learning experience. The academy builds on the four pillars of learning, enrichment, action, and distinction.
There are currently three courses launched on the platform:
- NCDs peer education,
- Youth: A closing gate to tobacco world, and
- About alcohol use: adolescence peer learning.
The NADA India panel has 20+ years of experience in the field of health and includes social work educators, public health experts, doctors, and trainers under the leadership of Mr. Suneel Vatsyayan, a Life Coach and Social Entrepreneur who is also a Karmaveer Chakra Awardee and a REX Karamaveer Global Fellow.
About alcohol use: adolescence peer learning course
Alcohol use during adolescence can cause many long-lasting harms to young people, including alcohol use disorders in adulthood, and more severe psychiatric and other health conditions, such as alcohol dependence. This course responds to the importance of preventing alcohol use among young people to ensure they grow up to be healthy and productive citizens.
This online course aims to:
- Reach out to schools, parents, and the community to build an understanding of the short- and long-term risks of alcohol consumption in youth, and
- Prevent alcohol sales to those who are underage.
There are three levels in the course, which target three different audiences.
- Peer Educator/ Basic Level for 15 to 24-year-olds.
- Peer Supporter/ Intermediate level for parents, caregivers.
- Peer Leader/ Advanced level for school teachers, social workers, health professionals.
The course covers various aspects related to the impact of underage alcohol use, litigation, healthy decision-making for children and youth, and creating a safe environment for them. The added value is that this course provides realistic examples and scenarios for youth engagement to take action on alcohol policy development. The course comes with several fieldwork activities, live sessions, and opportunities to network and liaise with national and state-level stakeholders and youth.
Upon completion of the course participants receive a certificate.