- This event has passed.
Sep 14 '22 - Sep 16 '22
Alcohol Policy 19
Evidence to Action: Building a Framework for Change
September 14 – 16, 2022
Arlington, VA, United States
The 19th in a series of conferences on preventing and reducing alcohol-related problems using public policy strategies.
The alcohol policy conferences are a series that, from its outset in 1981, has been a forum for researchers, community practitioners, and public officials to meet and exchange findings, explore evidence-based solutions and consider the adoption of policies aimed at minimizing risks associated with alcohol use. The conferences have been organized by governmental, non-governmental, and private organizations over the years. AP19 is coordinated by the U.S. Alcohol Policy Alliance, a national coalition of local and state organizations translating alcohol policy research into public health practice and independent of commercial interests.
The AP19 Conference is co-chaired by Dr. Timothy S. Naimi, Canadian Institute for Substance Use Research (CISUR), the University of Victoria, and Dr. Alicia Sparks, Vice-Chair of the U.S. Alcohol Policy Alliance, Abt Associates. The co-chairs are joined on the planning committee by Dr. David Jernigan, Boston University School of Public Health, and Nicole Holt, Chair of the U.S. Alcohol Policy Alliance, Texans For Safe and Drug-Free Youth.
Plenary topics and speakers
Alcohol and other drugs
- Amelia Arria, University of Maryland
- David Jernigan, Boston University
- Marissa Esser, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Rosalie Pacula, University of Southern California
Alcohol and cancer
- Neil Lewis, Jr., Cornell University
- Susan Gapstur, American Cancer Society (Ret)
- Bill Klein, National Cancer Institute
Alcohol pricing strategies
- Tiffany Hall, Recover Alaska
- Alison Douglas, Alcohol focus Scotland
- Evan Blecher, World Health Organization
- Mike Marshall, Oregon Recovers
- Nic Carah, University of Queensland
- Sally Casswell, Massey University
- James Sargent, Dartmouth College
Please follow the link to register, here.