- This event has passed.
November 26, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
ECL WEBINAR ON ALCOHOL & CANCER
This webinar is organized by the European Cancer Leagues as part of a series of webinars focusing on the messages of the European Code Against Cancer (ECAC) and to mark Awareness Week on Alcohol Related Harm (AWARH).
26 November, 2021
2:00 PM (Brussels time)
This webinar will cover,
- Introduction to the European Code Against Cancer (ECAC)
- The available evidence on alcohol and cancer risk
- How alcohol increases cancer risk
- The impact of alcohol consumption in Europe
- The needs and requirements in alcohol policy and cancer control in Europe
- Q&A, quiz & closing remarks
- Dr. Isabelle Soerjomataram, Deputy Head, Cancer Surveillance Branch, International Agency for Research on Cancer
- Maria Neufeld, Consultant, WHO European Office for Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases
- Mashkur Isa, ECL Youth Ambassador for the UK