- This event has passed.
Apr 19 '22 - Apr 20 '22
ECOSOC YOUTH FORUM 2022
COVID-19 Recovery: Youth Taking Action for a Sustainable Future
The 2022 ECOSOC Youth Forum is convened by the President of ECOSOC and co-organized by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) and the Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth (OSGEY), in collaboration with the United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD), and co-convened by the Major Group for Children and Youth (MGCY) and the International Coordination Meeting of Youth Organizations (ICMYO), with technical input from youth organizations relevant to the theme of the forum.
April 19 – 20, 2022
Youth leaders from around the world will have the opportunity to engage with government representatives, youth delegates, policymakers, and other relevant stakeholders in civil society and the private sector. They will contribute to the review of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs and to shaping policy recommendations at the HLPF and other Intergovernmental fora, such as the UN Transforming Education Summit, the UN Ocean Conference, the Financing for Development (FfD) Forum, among others.
The two-day event will feature plenary sessions, interactive thematic and regionally based discussions. Young people are encouraged to share best practices, lessons learned, solutions as well as creative and innovative ideas with the Member States, other youth, and stakeholders on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and also on the sustainable development goals under review in the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum in 2022.
Side events will take place virtually on Monday 18 April 2022, one day prior to the ECOSOC Youth Forum.
Download the full concept note here.
April 19, 2022
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: #ECOSOCYF – Youth taking action for a sustainable future.
- 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Working with and for youth in building back better from COVID-19 and achieving the 2030 agenda
- 11:15 AM – 1:00 PM: Connecting, amplifying, and leveraging – a virtual networking session for young changemakers
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM: Break
- Afternoon: Parallel thematic breakout sessions
- 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Education youth want and need – SDG 4 (Parallel session 1a)
- 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Life below water and youth: Connecting generations to protect our ocean – SDG 14 (Parallel session 1B)
- 3:15 PM – 4:45 PM: Generation equality: Building back better with young women & girls at the center – SDG 5 (Parallel session 2A)
- 3:15 PM – 4:45 PM: Securing a sustainable life on land – SDG 15 (Parallel session 2b)
April 20, 2022
- Morning: Breakout sessions: Regional Realities – Challenges, priorities, and actions for the post-COVID-19 recovery and realizing the SDGs Decade of Action
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Asia and the pacific (Parallel Session – 1a)
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Arab States Region (Parallel session – 1b)
- 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Africa (Parellel session – 2a)
- 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Europe, North America, and other states (Parallel session – 2b)
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Latin America (Parallel session – 3a)
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: The Caribbean (Parallel session 3b)
- 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM: Break
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Special session: Financing our future – SDG 17
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Youth2030: Achieving the SDGs with and for youth
- 5:00 PM – 5:45 PM: Q&A: Strengthening solidarity with the world’s young people & future generations
- 5:45 PM – 6:00 PM – Closing session of the ECOSOC youth forum
Download the full program here.
Participation in the ECOSOC Youth Forum is by invitation.
Participants will be the Member States, including Ministers and other high-level representatives, young people, and official youth delegates, as well as representatives of regional and multilateral organizations.