September 18 - September 25
An event every year that begins at 12:00 AM on day third of September, repeating indefinitely
Global Goals Week 2017
Global Goals Week takes place each September, marking the anniversary of the SDGs being agreed at the United Nations.
Global Goals Week brings together individuals, governments, civil society, businesses, international organizations and other partners during the opening of the UN General Assembly each September to continue momentum and cultivate ideas, solutions and partnerships that are measuring progress, continuing to drive action on and promoting accountability for the implementation of the SDGs.
The Global Goals Week 2017 will feature events and activations alongside the UN General Assembly, in support of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and progress towards achieving the SDGs.
The Global Goals Week is a collective effort to maximize the value of events and activations held during UN General Assembly week and focused on driving progress toward theSDGs.
This year’s Global Goals Week will be held between September 16 to 23, with events and activations taking place in New York and around the world, all of which will be connected in social media conversations using the common hash tag #GlobalGoals.
Global Goals Week was originally piloted in 2016 by organizing partners Project Everyone, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the United Nations Foundation.
This year, more than a dozen new partners have joined the effort, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, World Economic Forum, Sustainable Development Solutions Network, Skoll Foundation, Concordia, UN Global Compact, and other UN agencies and departments, positioning the week as a strong platform for collective action in support of the SDGs, maximizing the impact of a variety of events, public activations, and digital surges that are all designed to raise awareness and spur progress toward achievement of the global goals.
How to get involved?
Global Goals Week is an opportunity to raise awareness and accelerate the progress being made towards the SDGs. From sharing a film with your friends, wearing a Global Goals badge or branding your website, to joining an event like the Social Good Summit or holding your own, you can be part of it.
This year sees the launch of Goalkeepers. Watch the event live stream on our Goalkeepers page on September 20, as well as the Global Goals Awards on the evening of September 19. Ahead of the event, you can read the Goalkeepers Report, which tells some of the stories behind the data.
You can create your own #Goalkeepers17 avatar.
Global Goals Week events
Events take place across New York and globally, bringing together individuals, governments, businesses, international organisations, NGOs and other partners to showcase ideas, solutions and partnerships around the SDGs.
- Hult Prize Awards Ceremony at UN Headquarters
- The Social Good Summit, 17 September
- SDG Media Zone, 18—22 September
- Solutions Summit at UN Headquarters
- United Nations Private Sector Forum, 18 September
- Global Citizen LIVE!, 18 September
- Climate Week Opening Ceremony, 18 September
- Concordia Annual Summit, 18—19 September
- World Economic Forum Sustainable Development Impact Summit, 18—19 September
- International Conference on Sustainable Development, 18—19 September
- Global Citizen Movement Makers, 19 September
- Global Goals Awards Dinner, 19 September
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Goalkeepers, 20 September
- TED Global NYC, 20 September
- United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, 21 September
- We the Future, 21 September
- Global Citizen Festival, 23 September
The events listing will be updated as new events come online. Full the schedule click here.