- This event has passed.
Nov 12 '22, 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Youth Take Action: Promoting Alcohol-free Lifestyle for youth by SAFER Move
Sharing and discussing alcohol consumption among youth. This session aims to create a safer environment – free from alcohol. At the end of the session, questions will be answered, and exchanging opinions is welcomed.
Alcohol has long been a major problem in Thai society and has become more problematic over time. Heavy alcohol consumption is a risk factor for leading causes of death in Thailand, including malignant neoplasm, heart disease, and hypertension with cerebrovascular disease. According to the latest alcohol-consumption data collected by the World Health Organization (WHO), Thailand is ranked highest among ASEAN countries for alcohol consumption followed closely by Laos and the Philippines. The prevalence of alcohol consumption among adults was 32.2%. Therefore preventing Thai youth from using alcohol is important.
This session aims to:
To raise awareness about alcohol and drug use among youth.
To discuss and brainstorm ideas for early alcohol consumption intervention.
To create a safer environment – free from alcohol by influencing people around you to see the importance of preventing alcohol consumption.
Dr. Orratai Waleewong (Deputy director of the International Health Policy Program)
- Leading research projects on alcohol policy, NCD prevention, and health policy and system in Thailand
- WHO National Counterpart for Implementation of the Global Strategy to Reduce the Harmful Use of Alcohol of Thailand
- Principal investigator/technical coordinator on the Strengthening Networks & Technical Capacity for Alcohol Policy Development Programme & international research on Harm to Others from Drinking in LMICs under the WHO-ThaiHealth collaboration
Mr. Maik Dünnbier (Director of Strategy and Advocacy at Movendi International)
- Having an academic background in political science, philosophy, and history of ideas as well as global development at Dresden University, in Germany and Stockholm University, in Sweden
- Developing the strategic approach to advancing comprehensive alcohol policy solutions to support countries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Having extensive experience in youth work on local, national, and European levels.
Please follow the link to register, here.
This event is in Bangkok time 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM/ Stockholm time 8:00 AM – 11 AM