- This event has passed.
Nov 11 '23 - Nov 15 '23
The Global Forum for Adolescents
The Global Forum for Adolescents in 2023 will garner political and financial commitments in line with the Call to Action for Adolescents. The Forum will serve as a platform to bring together a diverse group of stakeholders, share evidence and new programming guidance developed based on the Adolescent Well-being Framework and draw upon the recommendations of the Lancet Commission on Adolescent Health and Well-being and the Governing health futures 2030: Growing up in a digital world.
The Global Forum for Adolescents will make full use of virtual formats to increase participation and inclusion. The Forum will be organized as a highly inclusive and decentralized event, operating in local languages and leveraging the community-based power of PMNCH’s digital advocacy hubs to unite PMNCH partners within and across countries and regions. In total, this event will seek to engage more than 1 million people online and in person, from communities to the global level.
Expected Outcomes of the Global Forum for Adolescents
- Greater consensus and alignment among PMNCH’s 1,200+ partners and 10 constituency groups on priorities, strategies and technical approaches to accelerate implementation on adolescent well-being;
- Greater knowledge of good practices, innovations and ”doing more with less” to support required action and accountability, across sectors, supporting the five domains of the Adolescent Well-being Framework;
- Improved political attention and prioritization of adolescents’ well-being, concrete commitments, with strengthened accountability, with concrete action plans, allocations of roles and resources; and
- Increased and meaningful adolescent and youth engagement, driving all aspects of the Global Forum 2023 and showcasing the Global Consensus on Meaningful Adolescent and Youth Engagement and relevant tools to ensure practical implementation of the MAYE approach in policies and programs.
This Global Forum for Adolescents will:
- Foster and register additional pledges to increase policy, financing and/or service-related commitments;
- Provide a platform for governments and other partners to share new evidence on multisectoral responses, including country solutions, innovations and compelling stories from young people about their fight for rights and a better future, not only for themselves but for generations to come;
- Showcase people-centered accountability to ensure commitments translate to action, bringing forward the voices of adolescents and their lived realities and reflect how the duty bearers and we as community have responded to their needs and asks;
- Foster a space for young people, including AYC members, to strengthen their capacities and engage with partners at country level; and
- Link and facilitate opportunities for innovative partnerships, including hosting an innovative market place between constituencies for increased collaboration for implementation and impact.
The 1.8 Billion Campaign
About the campaign
There are 1.8 billion adolescents and youth in the world today– the largest cohort in history. Many countries are lagging in prioritizing tailored national policies and programs with matching investments to keep pace with their heterogeneous needs. More focus will yield a triple benefit: today, into adulthood, and for the next generation.
Aiming to unite young people in the largest-ever gathering for adolescent well-being, the Global Forum for Adolescents is part of a global campaign to mobilize political and financial commitments for this important population group. Partners from more than 130 countries will unite through national events and a two-day virtual mainstage in October 2023.
All young people and partners are invited to be part of the Forum and campaign to spark long-term action and lasting change for adolescent well-being.
Policy change is possible
Countries advancing on addressing adolescents and youth well-being are taking holistic/ concerted approaches to ensure they reach their full potential. This involves bringing together different sectors to integrate health and nutrition programs with programs focused on education, employability and skills, safety and support, positive values and contributions to society, as well as agency and resilience.
Young people must be heard
Young people are coming together to speak out for their needs and priorities. A new global campaign, 1.8. billion young people for change, — demanding action and accountability, setting targets for increased political and financial commitment to adolescent well-being by national governments, and global platforms — kick starts now.
This campaign builds on the energy of the Adolescents2030 campaign, driven by the Call to Action for Adolescents, to have everyone commit to making adolescent health and well-being a priority.
Engage with the campaign
Are you an adolescent? (<25 years old)
Make YOUR VOICE heard! The time for action is NOW! Use the link below to join the What Young People Want Chatbot!
Are you an organization?
Join to ensure the inclusivity of harder-to-reach communities, whether through direct digital means and/or through an “offline mobilizer”. The Chatbot will enable greater reach and participation by young people in PMNCH than ever before, and mobilizers will facilitate this engagement, ensuring everyone has a say, every voice is heard, and no one is left behind!