- This event has passed.
Aug 25 '20, 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Seventieth Session of the WHO Regional Committee for Africa
The virtual session of the 70th Regional Committee for Africa will be held on August 25, 2020, starting at 09:30 hours GMT + 1.
The virtual session will be held under the Special procedures to regulate the conduct of the virtual session of the Regional Committee for Africa. Two key events will be held during the virtual session:
- The COVID-19 response in the African region
- Celebrating certification of wild poliovirus eradication in the WHO African Region.
- The Work of WHO in the African Region 2019–2020: Report of the Regional Director
- Special event on the COVID-19 response in the African Region
- Celebrating the certification of wild poliovirus eradication in the African Region
Movendi International written statements
Movendi International has submitted two written statements through the Regional Representative to the United Nations, Mr William Melau Ntakuka.
- The Work of WHO in the African Region 2019–2020: Report of the Regional Director – Movendi International written statement, August 18, 2020 (PDF)
- Special event on the COVID-19 response in the African Region – Movendi International written statements, August 18, 2020 (PDF)
Access the documentation folder here with all relevant meeting documents pertaining to alcohol harm and policy solutions in the African region.
— WHO African Region (@WHOAFRO) August 24, 2020