- This event has passed.
Nov 28 '22, 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
This webinar, organized by the WHO Regional Office for Europe in collaboration with the Government of Ireland and civil society partners, takes forward implementation of the European Framework for Action on Alcohol, 2022-25, which was unanimously adopted by WHO European Region Member States in September 2022, following three years of consultation.
The framework draws on a robust evidence base for policies to reduce harm due to alcohol consumption. It lays out a portfolio of policy options, based on clear public health goals and the best available evidence. In total, six areas are prioritized: alcohol pricing; alcohol availability; alcohol marketing; health information, with a specific focus on alcohol labeling; health services’ response; and community action. These focus areas intersect, and thus a comprehensive approach is recommended to have the greatest impact.
This meeting will:
- Introduce the European Framework for Action on Alcohol, 2022-2025.
- Provide opportunities for Member States and civil society representatives to share ideas about how to Implement key priorities, including overcoming challenges.
- Commit participants to work to progress towards a SAFER WHO European Region free from harm due to alcohol.
The working languages of the meeting will be English and Russian, and simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
Please follow the link for the event flyer here.
- Welcomes and introductions.
- Aspirations for the Framework – Government of Ireland and WHO European region.
- Showing of video on European Framework for Action on Alcohol, 2022-2025- “How do we turn down the flow of the alcohol tap?”.
- Responses by representatives of WHO European Region Member States and civil society representatives.
- Summary of next steps.
- Closure of meeting.
Please follow the link to register, here.