- This event has passed.
May 22 '22 - May 28 '22
75th World Health Assembly
May 22 – 28, 2022
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
The theme of this year’s Health Assembly is Health for peace, peace for health.
The World Health Assembly is the decision-making body of WHO. It is attended by delegations from all WHO Member States and focuses on a specific health agenda prepared by the Executive Board. The main functions of the World Health Assembly are to determine the policies of the Organization, appoint the Director-General, supervise financial policies, and review and approve the proposed program budget. The Health Assembly is held annually in Geneva, Switzerland.
During the Seventy-fifth World Health Assembly, a series of strategic roundtables will be held. During these sessions, WHA delegates, partner agencies, representatives of civil society and WHO experts will discuss current and future priorities for public health issues of global importance. The themes, introduced during the Director-General’s opening remarks at the 150th Session of the WHO Executive Board, are:
- An urgent paradigm shift towards preventing disease and promoting health: economics of Health for All
- A radical reorientation of health systems towards primary health care as the foundation of universal health coverage: the best and only choice to achieve universal health coverage
- Towards a new architecture for health emergency preparedness, response and resilience: 10 proposals for a safer world
- Behavioral sciences for better health
- A healthy return: investing in a sustainably financed WHO
It will be possible to follow the Strategic roundtables by webcast from the WHA event page.
Please follow the link to access all the WHA75 here.
Please follow the link to access the provisional agenda for the WHA75 here.