- This event has passed.
Oct 24 '21 - Oct 26 '21
WORLD HEALTH SUMMIT 2021
The World Health Summit was founded in 2009 on the occasion of the 300th anniversary of Berlin’s Charité Hospital and is traditionally held under the patronage of the German Chancellor, the President of the Republic of France, the President of the European Commission, and the Director-General of the World Health Organization.
October 24 – 26, 2021
Berlin, Germany & Digital
Physical event venue:
10243 Berlin, Germany
Every October, the World Health Summit draws international experts from academia, politics, the private sector, and civil society to Berlin. During the three-day summit, stakeholders and decision-makers from 100 countries and every field in healthcare work together to find solutions to global health challenges and set the agenda for a healthier future.
This year’s central topics are:
- Vaccines: Moving Towards Health as a Global Public Good
- Expanding the Role of the European Union in Global Health
- WHO Council on the Economics of Health for All
- The Intersection of COVID-19 and Mental Health
- Artificial Intelligence in Global Health (care)
- Pandemic Preparedness: Lessons from COVID-19
In addition to the World Health Summit in Berlin, there are annual Regional Meetings and regular Expert Meetings around the world. These meetings are organized by the M8 Alliance, the academic backbone of the World Health Summit.
Program and speakers
Download the full program here.
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Svetlana Akselrod, Director of the Global Noncommunicable Diseases (NCD) Platform, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Bill Anderson, CEO, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland
- Michelle Bachelet, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Ricardo Baptista Leite, Member of Portuguese Parliament, Portugal
- Seth Berkley, CEO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Francesca Colombo, Head of Health Division, OECD
- Thomas B. Cueni, Director General, International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA), Switzerland
- Dame Sally Davies, Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance, United Kingdom
- Christian Drosten, Director, Institute of Virology, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust, United Kingdom
- Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Githinji Gitahi, Global CEO and Director General of AMREF Health Africa Group
- Roland Göhde, Chairman of the Board, GHA – German Health Alliance, Germany
- Charles Gore, Executive Director, Medicines Patent Pool (MPP), Switzerland
- Adeeba Kamarulzaman, President, IAS – the International AIDS Society, Malaysia
- Annette Kennedy, President, International Council of Nurses (ICN)
- Ilona Kickbusch, International Advisory Board Chair, Global Health Centre, Graduate Institute Geneva, Switzerland
- Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Mariana Mazzucato, Professor, University College London & Chair of WHO Council on the Economics of Health for All, United Kingdom
- John Meara, Director, Program in Global Surgery & Social Change, Harvard Medical School, USA
Bernd Montag, CEO, Siemens Healthineers, Germany
- Gregory Moore, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Health & Life Sciences, USA
- John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bernd Ohnesorge, President of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Siemens Healthineers, Germany
- Vikram Patel, Pershing Square Professor of Global Health, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Axel Radlach Pries, World Health Summit President and Dean, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Paul Stoffels, Vice Chair of the Executive Committee and Chief Scientific Officer, Johnson & Johnson, USA
- Charlene Sunkel, CEO, Global Mental Health Peer Network
- Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Elhadj As Sy, Chair of the Board, Kofi Annan Foundation, Switzerland
- Ursula von der Leyen, President, European Commission
- Christoph Zindel, Member of the Managing Board, Siemens Healthineers, Germany
Registration for the World Health Summit 2021 will open in early summer.
Stay informed with the monthly World Health Summit newsletter and on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube).