Movendi International, headquartered in Stockholm, is a global social movement for development through alcohol prevention. We have members in 55+ countries and work in partnership with governments, civil society and academia for advancing evidence-based, cost-effective and high impact alcohol policy solutions. Movendi International’s priorities stem from our vision – a world of peace, democracy and justice where free and healthy citizens actively contribute in all levels of society. It is a life for all human beings free to live up to their fullest potential, and free from harm caused by alcohol and other drugs.
Movendi International is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protecting the safety of our employees. All employees will be required to be fully vaccinated unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious reason.
All Movendi International Member Organizations embrace the Movendi International platform by actively promoting human rights and human dignity, and a lifestyle free from alcohol and other drugs.
During the time of their employment all employees of Movendi International represent the values of Movendi International, contribute to denormalizing alcohol, and to preventing and minimizing the harm caused by the products and practices of the alcohol industry.
Movendi International is a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) organization. We believe our work is strengthened when it is developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity or expression), partnership status.
This is a full-time position based in Stockholm or remotely. The salary level for this position is of the entry level of a non-profit director in the country of residence of the employee.
Movendi International is a key partner in a consortium that is launching a new global initiative to assist governments in developing and enhancing evidence-based policies to reduce and prevent the adverse health and social impacts of alcohol. Alcohol adversely affects 14 of 17 Sustainable Development Goals and hinders progress in all three dimensions of sustainable development: social, economic, and environmental. Alcohol policy is a catalyst for achieving health and development for all. The specific policies the initiative will promote are those recommended by WHO in the SAFER technical package (https://www.who.int/initiatives/SAFER). In this 3-year initiative, Movendi International will coordinate the work of civil society in at least 5 countries and provide technical assistance; advocacy and communication guidance and ensure integration of civil society in the work of the Alcohol Policy Initiative and all consortium partners.
The APAA answers to the president and/or Executive Director of Movendi International and works closely together with our Director of Strategy and Advocacy and guides civil society’s advocacy work within the alcohol policy initiative; establishes and maintains government and civil society collaborations across multiple countries; provides and oversees technical assistance, training and capacity development; provides expert input and thought leadership to global and regional alcohol policy efforts and global partnerships beyond the Initiative itself.
- Manage, support, and guide Movendi International’s team and collaborators to support the Initiative in the areas of:
- Governmental relationships, across multiple agencies,
- Civil society coalition-building and advocacy,
- Policy development and advancement,
- Initiative communications including press, digital media, and media technical assistance and support for partners.
- Represent the Initiative in meetings, coalitions, and other groups as needed
- Manage and guide collaboration and coordination with:
- Movendi International and Vital Strategies staff and consultants,
- Global organization partners,
- Government partners, and
- Non-governmental technical and civil society organizations.
- Masters, or other graduate professional degree preferred
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Demonstrated sound judgment
- Demonstrated record of planning, coordinating, advocating, and achieving meaningful change in country, state or local public health policies for alcohol or related public health issues
- Extensive knowledge of alcohol, sustainable development, and health promotion
- Deep understanding of legislative and regulatory processes and levers of influence and change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office including use of pivot tables, V-lookups, and formulas
- Ability to provide leadership and coordination to an inter-agency collaboration representing diverse perspectives
- Ability to navigate various interests and to operate in a dynamic and complex political environment
- Comprehensive project management skills
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Governmental agency work experience
- Policy development and/or advocacy experience
- Alcohol policy development and/or advocacy experience
- The location for this position is negotiable
- Travel to project countries (African continent and South-east Asia) and partner locations will be required, to attend critical in-person meetings
- CV and motivation letter application by June 25, 2022
- Interviews by June 30, 2022
- Task submission July 10, 2022
- Final Selection Conversation by July 15, 2022
- Final decision by July 20, 2022
Mid-august/beginning of September 2022
Submit your application to: kristina.sperkova(at)movendi.ngo with subject “APAA”