Movendi International, headquartered in Stockholm, is a global social movement for development through alcohol prevention. We have members in 55+ countries and work for advancing evidence-based cost effective and impactful alcohol policies. Movendi International’s priorities stem from our vision – a world of peace, democracy and justice where free and healthy citizens actively contribute in all levels of society. It is a life for all human beings free to live up to their fullest potential, and free from harm caused by alcohol and other drugs.
Movendi International is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protecting the safety of our employees. All employees will be required to be fully vaccinated unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious reason.
All Movendi International Member Organizations embrace the Movendi International platform by actively promoting human rights and human dignity, and a lifestyle free from alcohol and other drugs.
During the time of their employment all employees of Movendi International represent the values of Movendi International, contribute to denormalizing alcohol, and to preventing and minimizing the harm caused by the products and practices of the alcohol industry.
Movendi International is a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) organization. We believe our work is strengthened when it is developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity or expression), partnership status.
This is a full-time position based in Stockholm or remotely. The salary level for this position is of the entry level of a non-profit program manager in the country of residence of the employee.
Movendi International is a key partner in a consortium that is launching a new global initiative to assist governments in developing and enhancing evidence-based policies to reduce and prevent the adverse health and social impacts of alcohol. Alcohol adversely affects 14 of 17 Sustainable Development Goals and hinders progress in all three dimensions of sustainable development: social, economic, and environmental. Alcohol policy is a catalyst for achieving health and development for all. The specific policies the initiative will promote are those recommended by WHO in the SAFER technical package. In this 3-year initiative, Movendi International will coordinate the work of civil society in at least 5 countries and provide technical assistance; advocacy and communication guidance and ensure integration of civil society in the work of the Alcohol Policy Initiative and all consortium partners.
The Civil Society Coordinator answers to the president and/or Executive Director of Movendi International and helps execute the administrative and operational needs of the program across several countries and sub-teams. The Civil Society Coordinator assists the International President, Director of Strategy and Advocacy and Alcohol Policy Advocacy Advisor and other program staff in the implementation and delivery of program commitments; organizes meetings and information exchanges between partner organizations; provides programmatic support as needed, such as coordination of trainings and workshops and desk review/literature searches, drafting of content for presentations on alcohol policy topics, etc.; and prepares other background materials for meetings/funder requests and compiles monthly and quarterly progress reports for internal and external partners.
- Provide administrative support to the Alcohol Policy Initiative team,
- Schedule, coordinate, and keep records of meetings, distribute supplies and materials for the program, and provide other general operational support,
- Keeping up to date with the latest alcohol policy developments (provided by Movendi International),
- Maintain contact with selected Civil society organisations, communicate program developments,
- Collect alcohol policy related data and information from civil society organisations, relevant for their advocacy and for the program,
- Oversee financial and program monitoring and reporting:
- Develop and manage Initiative budget,
- Develop and oversee subcontracts and procurement,
- Ensure robust financial management of the grant
- Coordinate and develop the agenda for weekly team meetings, programmatic reporting with technical staff, support general logistics for conferences, international meetings and workshops related to the program including venue selection, travel arrangements, hotel bookings, per diem payments, expense reporting and tracking,
- Prepare presentations and assist with creating and distribution documents including assistance with editing and formatting project reports and related materials,
- Perform data entry using work processing, spreadsheet or database commands, and format materials as required,
- Maintain and update the program related information on the website,
- Support task and project management by tracking action steps and deliverables through various platforms, including Asana,
- Assist in developing service agreements (procurement), consultant/contractor agreements, and other purchases on behalf of the program,
- Draft letters, tables, charts, graphs, maps, data tables, presentations, and other visual aids as necessary,
- Assist in the editing and formatting of project reports and related materials,
- Work closely with other staff,
- Work and communicate with other program partners, and
- Provide ad hoc support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university preferred
- Political science, law, public health science
- Exceptional attention to detail,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Excellent computer skills; proficient user of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint),
- Knowledge of Asana, Microsoft Teams, and similar platforms is a plus,
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication,
- Ability to work as part of a team, particularly with multi-cultural, multi-regional context,
- Excellent English, proficiency in another language preferred.
- At least three years of work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- The position is full time.
- The position is based in Stockholm or remotely.
- Travel to country and partner locations will be required, to attend critical in-person meetings.
- CV and motivation letter application by June 25, 2022
- Interviews by June 30, 2022
- Task submission July 10, 2022
- Final Selection Conversation by July 15, 2022
- Final decision by July 20, 2022
Mid-august/beginning of September 2022
Submit your application to: kristina.sperkova(at)movendi.ngo with subject “Civil Society Coordinator”