The International Journal of Alcohol and Drug Research (IJADR) has announced a call for papers for a special thematic issue on “Alcohol Prevention Research and Policy Development in LMICs: Facilitating Partnerships, Capacity and Impact.”
The issue will be devoted to capacity building for alcohol prevention research, alcohol policy development, and evaluation of alcohol control and policy measures.
Movendi International is a co-sponsor of this special issue with FORUT.
Movendi International has decided to support the special thematic issue of IJADR to help facilitate monitoring, analysis, and evaluation of actions preventing alcohol harm and counteracting alcohol industry interference, as Ms. Sperkova said in a statement.
Movendi International President Kristina Sperkova is also part of a group of guest editors, including Monica Swahn, Eva Braaten, Sawitri Assanangkornchai, Joel Francis, and Sebastián Peña.
All manuscripts must focus on a low- or middle-income country or countries (LMICs) and on facilitating partnerships, research, capacity building, and impact. General empirical research papers will be considered if they have relevance, implications, or practical impact on low-resource settings.
Manuscripts are welcome on a range of topics
Key words for the thematic issue
- Partnership building,
- Academic and NGO engagement,
- Civil society responses to alcohol prevention and harm mitigation,
- Tool development,
- Process evaluations and practical best practices for implementation science.
- Alcohol harm,
- Alcohol prevention,
- Capacity building,
- Research agenda,
- Alcohol environment,
- Alcohol policy,
- Alcohol control,
- Alcohol problems,
- Low- and middle-income countries or settings,
- Alcohol pricing, marketing or availability.
A submission can cover one or more countries and/or make a comparative analysis regarding best practices including the WHO SAFER initiative. The submission may focus on specific population groups, health systems, policies or countries and may, if applicable, measure different health outcomes, health economics/cost data or other features of alcohol research or evaluations. Manuscripts that focus on the process of capacity building for research, advocacy or policy development are also of interest and could focus on lessons learned, strategic planning, and those factors that hindered or enabled successful outcomes.
- Deadline for manuscript submission: April 30, 2023.
- Submission link and guidelines: IJADR submission checklist.
- Manuscripts must not be published previously and must not be under consideration for publication in another journal.
- At least one of the authors is expected to have an affiliation with a LMIC.
- Papers which are from LMICs where all authors reside in LMICs will have all publishing fees waived off.
- The article processing charge is US$750 for 3,000-word manuscripts for authors from high-income countries.
More information about the editors
The editors anticipate publishing 12 to 20 papers in the thematic issue.
Guest editors of the Special Thematic Issue
- Monica Swahn, Kennesaw State University, United States
- Eva Braaten, FORUT, Norway
- Sawitri Assanangkornchai, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- Kristina Sperkova, Movendi International
- Joel Francis, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- Sebastián Peña, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, Helsinki
- Neo K. Morojele, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Anne-Marie Laslett, La Trobe University, Australia