EPIcc – for bright young minds from diverse disciplines
A meeting place and launching platform for bright young minds with diverse interests, passions and backgrounds. We give you the tools and skills you need to be the change that YOU want to see. Are you ready to challenge yourself?
Download for free: EPIcc flyer
The EPIcc Sustainability Challenge
Got a burning desire to be the change you want to see in the world? But unsure how to go about it? Apply for the EPIcc Sustainability Challenge.
The EPIcc Sustainability Challenge is designed to equip bright young minds, like you, with the skills, expertise and network they need to realise their vision for a better world (whatever that may be!).
You bring your ideas, knowledge, and questions. We bring: A unique space for self-development. Mind-blowing speakers. Inspiring opportunities to test and discuss your ideas.
Over one day, bright young minds and extraordinary change-makers and agenda-setters will collide to build the skills, confidence and evidence you need to frame ideas, build a team and identify opportunities to drive meaningful change.
Challenge yourself and your peers to improve your skills in advocacy, innovative thinking and leadership. Meet and network with inspiring people and extraordinary experts that give you the tools you need to solve the EPIcc Sustainability Challenge.
The EPIcc speakers
Our speakers are renowned for their expertise and innovative thinking in their areas, like communication and messaging, advocacy, sustainability, global health and norms and values.
EPIcc Sustainability Challenge – The Concept
We bring together young students and extraordinary experts from different backgrounds and areas of interest, to collaborate together to address the world’s sustainability challenges with creativity, provocative thinking and community action.
This event aims to extend beyond the usual groups and silos by involving leaders and advocates within policy making, business, social science, art and design to name a few. Through bringing together a wide range of minds and skills, we can only then truly combine our efforts, to enact social change for the greater good.
We will achieve this through our ‘ted talk’ inspired presentations from extraordinary and inspiring experts, group discussions, and our famous sustainability challenge.
The event is free to attend and you can nominate yourself or a peer by filling in this form.
Date: February 18, 2017
Venue: Klara Södra Kyrkogata 20, 111 52 Stockholm
Date: February 25, 2017
Venue: Bantorget 5, Lund
Costs: Free (limited seats)
EPIcc Taevaskoja, Estonia
Date: July 24-25, 2017
Place: Taevaskoja, Estonia
EPIcc Sustainability Challenge – The Background
For too long, the global community (especially wealthy countries) has pursued the needs and interests of the present by compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The current way of living, doing business and running the economy are not sustainable. Prove of that can be seen in the depletion of our planet’s resources, the persistence of poverty and hunger, climate change, and an industrial epidemic of lifestyle diseases such as cancer, diabetes or heart disease.
But as bold ideas and creative solutions are in urgent demand, they remain few and far between.
What you get out of it!
Ideas. Training. Solutions.
The EPIcc Sustainability Challenge is your platform and your source of inspiration to tackle some of the world’s biggest problems – together with other bright young minds in a unique environments.
We bring together young emerging leaders from different backgrounds and with a diverse set of skills, ideas and visions for the future. We provide unique tools and capacity-building, with the help of some of the best experts and facilitators.
- Benefit from state of the art analysis of the world’s most pressing problems
- Sharpen your communication skills
- Learn how to transform your idea into action and motivating others to join
- Challenge yourself in exciting discussions with your peers
- Get inspired by outstanding experts in leadership, communications and advocacy
- Find creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems
Our formula for change:
- Bring your ideas, skills and dreams
- Use our training, tools and inspiration
- Generate solutions – together
Together we explore global problems that can only be solved through bold thinking, creative collaboration and inspiring team work. It’s fun. It’s epic.
EPIcc’s double purpose
- Young people studying at universities will have profound impact on all aspects of society and global development – the leaders of tomorrow are right now aspiring lawyers, public health experts, political scientists, medical doctors, designers, architects and urban planners, social workers and psychologists, and PR and communications geniuses.
The purpose of EPIcc is to empower them today for the challenges of tomorrow – through facilitating networking and relation-building between different disciplins, through providing knowledge beyond their disciplins, through sharing inspiration and through offering space for dialogue and exchange.
- Young emerging leaders hold skills, ideas and resources that actually already today can be powerful in tackling challenges and finding attractive and innovative ways to solving societal problems.
The purpose of EPIcc is to provide tools and resources that bright young minds often lack, and in this way create opportunities for their ideas to have impact and engender transformative change.
EPIcc’s three dimensions
Multidisciplinary networking for inspiration and future resource network
- EPIcc provides world class training in advocacy, communication, innovation
- EPIcc provides unique environments of multidisciplinary settings to break barriers and foster inter-sectorial cooperation
Societal challenges solved in collaboration
- Each EPIccenter will offer the opportunity to discuss concrete societal challenges – for bright young minds to try and solve together, relying on their multidisciplinary skills, experiences and interests
- EPIccenters create interactive environments where young leaders explore solutions to common problems together, but from their unique vantage points rooted in their passions and interests
Applying personal interests and heart-driven passions to some of the biggest challenges of human kind
- EPIccenters are idea incubators that serve as launching platforms for long-term collaborations beyond boarders of different disciplines
- Bright young minds learn to broaden their views beyond their respective fields of expertise – and are empowered to support one another in addressing common challenges
- EPIccenters provide creative approaches to exploring, finding and applying inter-sectorial solutions
Financially supported by