- This event has passed.
Jun 30 '21 - Jul 2 '21
Generation Equality Forum
France and Mexico, under the aegis of UN Women and in partnership with civil society, are organizing this year’s Generation Equality Forum, which was kicked off in Mexico City from March 29 to 31, 2021 and will culminate in Paris from June 30 to July 2, 2021.
June 30 to July 2, 2021
The Generation Equality Forum will be the largest global feminist gathering since 1995: governments, international organizations, civil society, the private sector and young people will come together to drive gender equality forward.
The aim of the Generation Equality Forum is to bring together all stakeholders committed to gender equality in order to review progress and make concrete, specific and ambitious commitments to accelerate progress, at a time when the COVID-19 crisis has exacerbated gender inequalities and as we are entering the last decade for achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
To achieve this ambition, a Global Acceleration Plan for Gender Equality will be launched in Paris, which will include actions developed by the champions of the six Action Coalitions to be implemented by 2026. Commitment Makers will also join this Global Plan. These commitments will be monitored through an annual accountability mechanism.
Other complementary initiatives will be launched in Paris, in parallel to the Action Coalitions.
Twenty-one years after the creation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda, a monitoring mechanism for the initiatives will be created to strengthen the implementation of this agenda.
This innovative format and the concrete objectives set will ensure that the Generation Equality Forum is part of a renewed multilateralism through action, mobilizing all stakeholders committed to gender equality and to achieving Generation Equality.
Download the draft actions of the Action Coalitions here.
The Generation Equality Forum Program is structured around six concepts:
- The « Global Acceleration Plan for Gender Equality »: these high-level events will be the occasion to officially launch the 6 Action Coalitions and to announce their commitments.
- “Generation Equality: Joining forces”: these events will be at the intersection of the fight for gender equality and other complementary types of activism (anti-racism, LGBTQ+ rights, etc.).
- “Voices of feminist youth”: a platform for events run by and for young feminists.
- “Everyone acts for equal”: these events will highlight the commitments of stakeholders other than States and civil society organizations (philanthropic foundations, the private sector, local authorities, development banks, etc.).
- “Drivers for change”: these events will highlight innovative initiatives launched at the Forum.
- “COVID-19: a feminist response”: these events will focus on initiatives to respond to the consequences of the COVID-19 crisis which has disproportionately affected women, and the role of women on the front line of the fight against the pandemic.
- “GEF: global conversation, regional dynamics”: these events will be regional conversations around gender equality.
Please follow the link for:
Final date for registration is June 27, 2021.