HRIDAY (Health Related Information Dissemination Amongst Youth) is a Delhi based voluntary organization of health professionals, public health researchers, social scientist and lawyers, engaged in research, awareness and advocacy towards prevention and control of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) through health promotion in multiple settings including schools, communities and workplaces, since 1992.
HRIDAY focuses on empowering youth through youth engagement and participation and health education enabling them to act as “change agents” for enhancing the health of their community.
- Research to guide, design, develop and implementation of health promotion strategies and intervention models.
- Advocate and support healthy lifestyles and practices and create an enabling environment for appropriate health policies and programs.
- Promote informed health activism and create a healthy environment at schools, homes, communities and workplaces through awareness generation and sensitization.
- Build legal and technical capacities of key stakeholders to deal with national health concerns and effective implementation of related governmental health programs.
- Work towards forging partnerships and building alliances among government and civil societies for sustained health promotion initiatives.