- This event has passed.
Dec 6 '19 - Dec 9 '19
1st NCDs Youth Conference
After nine very successful European conferences on the topics of alcohol, tobacco control, youth health and social marketing for health promotion, the International Youth Health Organization (YHO) is arranging the 1st NCD Youth Conference.
Idea and aims
YHO works towards health and wellbeing of young people, through promotion of healthy lifestyles and prevention of non-communicable diseases, including mental health and environmental health.
YHO develops and supports evidence-based and effective policies to assure health-promoting environments for young people.
- Raise interest among young people and youth organisations about prevention of NCDs and health policies;
- Promote evidence-based projects and exchange knowledge of good practices for health promotion;
- Empower the participants with the necessary skills and capacities in order to effectively work on the field of NCDs;
- Empower the participants with the necessary tools to engage in advocating for more comprehensive health policies at regional, national and international levels;
- Provide the necessary tools and training for participants to be able to conduct projects to improve youth health;
- Give participants the opportunity for networking with public health professionals and organizations, working in the same topics.