- This event has passed.
Nov 15 '21, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
ECL 41ST ANNUAL CONFERENCE: CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES IN CANCER CONTROL IN EUROPE
November 15, 2021
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Central European Time)
ECL Zoom Platform
The annual conference of the Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) will, once again, take place virtually and be open to all. ECL members, invited guests and stakeholders in the cancer community are warmly invited to tune in live for ECL’s 41st annual conference on 15 November between 10:00 -12:00 CET.
This year’s conference will focus on challenges and opportunities related to COVID-19, cervical cancer elimination, cancer registries and more.
Program and speakers
- Welcome and announcement of the ECL Honorary Award Winner
- Prof. Rui Medeiros, President, Association of European Cancer Leagues
- Population attributable fractions: Quantifying the contribution of cancer causing exposure
- Dr. Donald Maxwell Parkin, ECL Honorary Award 2020 Recipient and Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Nuffield Department of Population Health, University of Oxford
- Keynote speech
- 2021 ECL Honorary Award Recipient
- COVID-19 and cancer in the Nordic countries – preliminary results
- Dr. Giske Ursin, Director, Cancer Registry Norway
- The movement to eliminate cervical cancer
- Dr. Cherian Varghese, Cross-cutting Lead for NCD and Special Initiatives and Technical Lead of the Cervical Cancer Elimination Secretariat, World Health Organization
- Closing remarks
- Prof. Rui Medeiros
Download the full program here.
Please follow the link for registration here.