- This event has passed.
Jun 7 '20 - Jun 14 '20
The Summer Leadership Academy for Alcohol Harm Prevention 2020
summerLEAHP 2020 is the second iteration of the world’s only international summer school for bright young minds interested in taking the lead in transforming student environments by addressing alcohol-related harm.
summerLEAHP 2020 is a unique hub for youth leaders to develop and enhance their skills, knowledge and capacities in leadership, communication, and advocacy for better and healthier environments for youth.
summerLEAHP 2020 is a groundbreaking summer program driven by the students themselves in interactive sessions, facilitated by some of the world’s leading experts and activists in the fields of prevention, science, advocacy, communications, and leadership.
Registration is now open!
Share your motivation with us and register here for this groundbreaking event and experience.
Deadline for registration: April 7, 2020
Thanks to support from the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia, and the contributions of Utrip and Movendi International, we only charge a minor participation fee.
- €50 for members of Movendi International,
- €100 for participants who are not members of Movendi International.
summerLEAHP Key principles
- Delivering an inspiring and empowering mix of activities that foster: empowerment, participation, innovation, critical thinking and leadership.
- Venue(s) drive content and learning experience: provide different locations and spaces that facilitate exchange, intercultural learning and youth leadership.
Aims and objectives
- Explore state-of-the-art evidence and knowledge:
- Knowing what works and what doesn’t: understand alcohol harm, alcohol norm and alcohol expectations in university settings
- Facilitate intercultural and international exchange and learning
- Understanding your own settings, conditions and norms by practicing to see other frames and perspectives
- Benefiting from international best practices and innovative approaches
- Empower leadership
- Learning by doing to enable bright young minds to shape the environments they live and study in
- Identifying root problems and designing creative, compelling solutions
- Plan, design, improve concrete and sustainable student-led action for transforming student environments
Program 2020 – coming soon
summerLEAHP 2020 provides state-of-the-art knowledge and know-how from some of the world’s best experts in their respective fields.
Download the program here (soon)…
The focus of the overall program and each session in it is to enable and empower students’ critical thinking and their leadership to design, develop and ultimately implement evidence-based, innovative projects to transform student environments at the universities they study in.
Funding and summerLEAHP partners
This event is supported by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia.
The International Youth Health Organization is a collaboration partner.